The tummy can develop loose, sagging skin with excess fat deposits for various reasons, such as aging, weight loss, pregnancy, and genetic factors. Exercise can certainly tone the abdominal muscles, but it can’t tighten the sagging skin tissues. A tummy tuck is the most powerful way to tighten excess skin tissues and repair the damaged abdominal muscles, making your tummy look flat, firm, and youthful. Dr. Lisiecki performs a highly personalized tummy tuck using cutting-edge surgical techniques to help you achieve a firm and contoured abdomen.
About Tummy Tuck
What is a tummy tuck?
A tummy tuck is a surgical procedure that helps you achieve a firm, flat, and smooth abdomen. Depending on your unique needs, the surgeon makes strategic incisions on the abdomen to trim away excess skin tissues, remove excess fat deposits, and tighten/ repair the underlying abdominal muscles. The procedure may also include liposuction, which involves using a hollow cannula to suction away excess fat cells from the tummy. This procedure can make your abdomen look firm, taut, contoured, and youthful.
A tummy tuck can do the following:
- Restore a flat and contoured appearance to an enlarged tummy
- Remove excess sagging skin tissues from the abdomen
- Reduce excess stubborn fat deposits from the tummy
- Repair and tighten the underlying abdominal muscles
- Return the belly button to a youthful position
- Remove unwanted stretch marks and c-section scars below the belly button
- Improve your ability to wear form-fitting clothes
Candidates for a tummy tuck:
- Have excessive skin laxity and sagging skin on the abdomen
- Want to reverse the signs of aging, childbirth, and dramatic weight loss in the abdomen
- Want to achieve a firm, tight, and contoured tummy without excess skin tissues
- Have generally good physical and mental health
- Are nonsmokers or willing to stop smoking before the tummy tuck
- Have realistic expectations from the tummy tuck procedure
Recovery after a tummy tuck surgery
A tummy tuck can lead to considerable post-treatment swelling and discomfort around the abdomen, but this subsides over days to weeks. You will have to wear compression garments for a few weeks to ensure optimal healing and minimize swelling. You may experience soreness for about four weeks after the tummy tuck surgery, but you can resume most of your daily activities after about two weeks. You should avoid strenuous workouts for around six weeks.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Lisiecki
Dr. Jeffrey Lisiecki is a fellowship-trained aesthetic plastic surgeon specializing in cutting-edge abdominoplasty techniques in New York. He provides highly personalized treatments that conform to his patients’ unique anatomies and lifestyles. He also maintains an open line of communication with all patients, ensuring they feel supported through every stage of the tummy tuck procedure. Please schedule a consultation to explore your tummy tuck options in New York.