As a man, male rhinoplasty will help you reshape your nose to align with other facial features such as eyes, ears, and mouth. It refines your facial balance by eliminating imperfections on the nose bridge and refines the bulbous nasal tip. Due to its complexity, please only choose a specialized plastic surgeon with adequate experience to perform male rhinoplasty on you.
Impact of Male Rhinoplasty on Masculinizing the Nose
The surgery addresses unique male facial characteristics and masculinizes the nose to create a manly appearance. A male nose typically features a nasal tip projecting at a 90-degree angle with the upper lip and a prominent straight bridge.
In addition, a man’s nose is typically wider and has a higher bridge than a woman’s. Achieving your male rhinoplasty results requires patience and an experienced surgeon who is open to consultation and can offer customized service.
Differences between Male and Female Rhinoplasty
The significant difference between male and female rhinoplasty is the purpose or the aesthetic goal. Men mostly undergo nose job procedures with the goal of a straight bridge and defined, masculine appearance.
On the contrary, women choose the procedure to address a too-wide nose that displays the appearance of a droopy tip. However, the surgery aims to give both men and women a balanced and natural-looking facial structure.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Male Nose Surgery?
A male nose job procedure is a major cosmetic surgery that you need to consider carefully before deciding to undergo one. If you need this service, you can schedule a consultation with our experienced plastic surgeon to determine whether you fit the procedure.
However, you may be a good candidate for this procedure if your nose displays the following characteristics:
- A bridge that is extremely low or extremely high
- The nose tip is short and upturned
- A hump on the nose (Dorsal hump)
- Flaring or wide nostrils
- A too-wide or too-narrow nose
- A crooked nose
- A drooping nose
- Bulbous nose tip
How to Choose the Right Surgeon for Nose Job Surgery
There are many plastic surgeons that you can choose for your procedure. However, you must be careful to get the right one to achieve your aesthetic goal. A good surgeon will take a holistic approach in performing rhinoplasty surgery and help their patients achieve their facial goals.
The doctor should also help you decide which rhinoplasty treatment plan will suit your needs. A good doctor can only determine that after an extensive patient evaluation.
Male Rhinoplasty Recovery Tips
- Follow post-surgery care instructions – your doctor will provide detailed care instructions to help you recover.
- Maintain the head elevated at night – avoid sleeping on your face or side as instructed after the surgery.
- Use cold compresses – applying cold compresses to the cheeks and near the nose will help reduce swelling.
- Get enough rest – taking some time off your regular schedule can help make the experience more bearable
- Eat a healthy diet – eat nutritious foods, including fruits and vegetables, to quicken recovery.
Therefore, if you have any of the characteristics mentioned that would suit you for male rhinoplasty, don’t hesitate to consult with Dr. Lisiecki.